Wednesday, October 28, 2015

1st Quarter Reflection

     Personally, I think that I am way behind on the forty book challenge. I think that I have not been doing my best at the forty book challenge but I am planning to read a lot for the next quarter. So the only books that I have read and have been reading is:
- Of Beatles and Angels
- 127 Hours Between A Rock And A Hard Place
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

      The strategies I have been using is to work on big things like AoWs and Weekly Blogs little by little every day. So far, it has been working for me perfectly. If I miss a day of school or if I miss a day of doing part of the assignment, I would just do two times more than normally, and that isn't too bad. Another thing that I would do is that if I have homework for another class and I have too much homework for L.A., I would do my L.A. homework because most of my other classes are every other day so I would do it the next day.

     I have learned quite a lot about the world and other countries. I have learned about a kind of wine from the Cask of Amontillado. I have learned quite a lot about the horrible refugee Crysis in Syria. I've learned about people's personal experiences with the Syrian refugee Crysis and how they felt, and I have also seen how people and organizations have been working together to help the refugees. One last thing I learned was about a debate about changing a mountains name and what effects global warming is causing.

     My research skills have increased by a lot. Since I have been learning more about the world and what is happening, I know more about the topics and that helps me a lot with research. For example, if I did not know what armies caused the Syrian refugee Crysis, I could just use information from the Syrian refugee Crysis to learn where it is. From there, I can search what armies serve that country. If I didn't have the same research skills before, I would be clueless on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment