Sunday, January 24, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection

     The one of the most challenging parts of second quarter for me was reading the book To Kill A Mockingbird. Throughout the time I was reading that book I usually had to stay up late trying to read it, which was kind of hard because the next day I would be tired. There was a couple of times when I didn't do it because I was just too tired. That didn't stop me from completely not doing it though. The way I overcame it was whenever I had the spare time I would finish the parts I didn't do on for the book, like answering the questions and filling in the organizer. 

     I think that the most I have improved for English Language Arts is that I would complete the missing assignments I did not or was not able to do. For example, if I didn't do an assignment from before because I was absent or anything of that content I would end up finishing that assignment at another time. Before, I would have just left it the way it was and not do anything to make up for it. That is one way I have improved, for all of my other classes too.

     Out of all the books I've read so far I would choose To Kill A Mockingbird. I would say this is my most favorite because unlike any other book I've read, I have annotated it, I've answered questions, and did a study on it. All of that made me have a better understanding of the book. Most of the other books I would read wouldn't make sense because I would read it half-heartedly, but this book I was forced to read and analyze it and it made more sense to me. Another main reason is because it shows me how it was back in the day, I don't know why but I like to compare things on how things were back then to how they are now. Of course To Kill A Mockingbird wasn't an ordinary place but it shows how it was back then and how people in small towns were like.

     I have many things that I have accomplished that I am happy of but there is one thing that I have accomplished that I am most proud of which is getting good grades. I know that sounds a little bit cliché but usually around the second quarter my grades will take a little drop. Last year I had 2 Cs and the rest Bs, but I am holding up most of my classes with 3s. I plan to keep maintaining my grades that way for the rest of the year, I will even try to go higher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment