Sunday, May 22, 2016

End of Year Reflection Blog

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

The three most important things I've learned is memory, punctuation, and self-obedience. Memory is really important because almost every week we have a vocabulary quiz and you have to memorize the spelling, definition, and part of speech. Punctuation is important because it is needed a lot in the future. For example, in the future you might have to write a letter, but if you do not have the correct punctuation you might end up looking really dumb. Self-obedience wasn't taught in her class but I had to learn how to control it. If you were to not do something like homework then tough consequences were made, which is where self-obedience comes in. Not only is it helpful in this class but it will also help in the future.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

One thing we did this year that I think I'll remember is the To Kill A Mockingbird feast. The book was quite challenging for me to do but when we got finished with it we got rewarded with a feast of the food that was mentioned in the book.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

The nicest thing someone has done for me is helping me with something I didn't quite understand. They would help me with homework or help me in class. When I say that, I don't mean that they did everything for me, it was more of pointers and hints on how to do certain things.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

One thing that I taught to my classmate is how to study for vocabulary quizzes better. I noticed that someone was studying with flash cards and I to,d him that using quizlet was an easier way to study. After that, they started getting better grades than they have before.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

The area in which I have improved on the most is punctuation. After Mrs. Larson gave us a lesson on punctuation I noticed that I had done a lot of things the wrong way. In fact, learning how to properly punctuate is one thing that I am round of accomplishing.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The most challenging part was the To Kill A Mockingbird unit. First off, To Kill A Mockingbird is a great book itself however I had to stay up until midnight or even later to finish it or to finish what we had to read. It was quite challenging because the next day I would be extremely tired, but when I got finished with the book I felt as if I won at life. Literally.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

I think the best piece of write ping was my personal narrative towards the beginning of the year. I thought it was the best because I felt as if I poured my best into it, I felt as if I put my emotions into it and gave it all I got.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Of the books I've read this year I thought that Tuesday's with Morrie was the best. I thought it was the best because I've made the most connections to it. Tuesday's with Morrie made connections to me by my personal life, but another reason is because it is full of aphorisms, or life lessons and themes.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

I'll give them the cliché advice of never giving up. The reason is because there were many times that I thought I couldn't do something in this class, but I persisted on doing it until it was done to my best abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment