Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie - What 'Tuesday' Has Inspired You?

      The Tuesday that has most inspired me is the second Tuesday. The second Tuesday is focused on feeling sorry for yourself. It impacted me the most because I think it is one of the most important things to do in your life, plus it is a human emotion that everyone has. Feeling sorry for yourself is important because it can help get rid of the stress you may have. If you are really feeling down and nobody else is feeling sorry for you then you would feel as if you are all alone. Feeling sorry for yourself gives you a feeling of reassurance.

     I think feeling sorry for yourself is one of the most easiest but hardest things to do. Feeling sorry for yourself is easy because it is a basic human emotion. It can happen without you even noticing or you might want to fight that emotion but it can happen by itself. The hard thing about feeling sorry for yourself is that you can't do it all the time because you will just be dragging everybody else's emotions down. Morrie said, "'Sometimes, in the mornings,' he said. 'That's when I mourn... But then I stop mourning.'... 'But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life. On the people who are coming to see me.'" Morrie has a technique to stop mourning and feeling sorry for himself, which is focusing on the good things and other people in his life.

     One other thing I'd like to mention is how Morrie said he was lucky on knowing he had a terminal disease. In other words, he thought he was lucky that he knew he was going to die. Morrie said, "'It's horrible to watch my body slowly wilt away to nothing. But it's also wonderful because of all the time I get to say goodbye.'" The reason is because many other people die without knowing that they were going to die. Since they die without the knowledge of them dying they can't say goodbye to anybody. However, since Morrie knows that he is going to die he can say goodbye to all of his loved ones, friends, and family.




No comments:

Post a Comment