Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Socratic Seminar Morrie Reflections

     The past four Socratic seminars influenced my thinking about Tuesday's with Morrie by making me think about my own life. The reason is because during the seminars people would usually make personal connections to the book, which would also make me think about my personal connections to the book. After looking at my connections to Tuesday's with Morrie I noticed that I had a lot of connections to the book. One of the connections was that I had a family member who died of ALS before I was born. I found out by telling my parents what the book was about. After I told them the part about Morrie having ALS they told me about one of my grand-uncles who had died of ALS a couple years before I was born.

     A trend that I found about myself was that I had more content to discuss about than the last seminar. I gained experience from the last Socratic seminar to make the next seminar better. My goals were basically to participate more in the seminars. I would make it easier to participate more by, once again, writing more content to discuss about. It helps because the more content you have to discuss about, then you will be able to talk about more things, therefore allowing you to participate more.


      The trends I noticed about the class was that it got more participation and the discussion got more personal and went more off topic. It wasn't a bad thing that we got off topic because the students were making connections to Morrie, or the book in general. One thing that made each seminar better was that everybody made each other participate or help each other into the discussion. Also, since people made connections to their personal life more people felt comfortable with it and it helped them join e conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment