Thursday, May 5, 2016

Morrie's Aphorisms - Final Project

My Aphorism: “Don’t assume that it is too late to get involved.” (p.18) 

     What Morrie meant by "Don't assume that it is too late to get involved" was that the positive effects of getting into the decision of getting involved. For example, if it is the middle of the school year and you have just gotten there and already see everybody with their own friends, you might think it would be too late for you to be friends with anybody because they already have their own friends. Morris's aphorism could be taken into a variety of different situations, but the point of the aphorism was to get you looking at the positive effects of getting involved is.

     The aphorism reminds me of when I first transferred into Heritage Middle School. There were about 2 or 3 moths left in the year and everybody made friends with everybody else. I felt as if I couldn't get a lot or many friends versus they already had their groups. I then tried to befriend them by getting involved with them. I started talking to them more about random things and right now I am friends with a bout everybody.

     I agree with Morrie on the side of the positive effects. However, this aphorism could be taken the wrong way and influence people into thinking doing bad things are good. An example would be that somebody is trying to get into a fight with somebody else, Morrie's aphorism could be taken to the wrong extent and end up starting a fight. That person might think, well I shouldn't think it's too late to get involved in this fight, which is where Morrie's aphorism's flaw is.




No comments:

Post a Comment